As a follow up to my post on Dylan, here are some recommended readings/listening:
- Elijah Wald’s piece in the Oxford American, “Think Twice“
- My friend ad colleague, Joanna Smolko, wrote a 4-part series on the Avid Listener about Bruce Springsteen, considered by many to be the next Dylan. In Springsteen and Human Rights: “Chimes of Freedom,” Smolko discusses the influence of Dylan’s song on Springsteen.
- Greil Marcus’s article in the New York Times, “Bob Dylan, Master of Change“
- Jon Pareles’s article in the New York Times, “Bob Dylan, the Musician: America’s Great One-Man Songbook“
- Interview with scholar Christopher Ricks on Radio Boston, “Poetry Scholar on Why Bob Dylan Deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature“